Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spearfishing - Aliwal Shoal is on!

Hi guys,
 
Looks like we are in for some weather according to the synoptic chart. The wind forecasts show moderate winds ... but I am doubtful.
 
The water was miff on our coast this morn ... I was going to get in but when I heard the west I stayed in bed. Steve traveled all the way from Hillcrest to dive 3m vis with no fish. With dedication like that it is only a matter of time before he is paid back big time.
 
Aliwal Shoal has been on!! On the weekend there were reports of some good fish including Wahoo. Wayno went spearfishing yesterday with some of the local crew, and came away with an impressive 32kg Sailfish. They also speared some wahoo around the 20kg mark.
 
So I am itching for some action.
 
Are you??
 
Coatesman

No comments: