Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pap Speargun Rubber, Empty Fish Blik!

I am always telling guys in the shop to ensure their speargun rubbers are correctly setup. This morning I should have taken my own advice!! 

I have been out the water with a stomach bug and have been hearing stories of the odd cuta starting to come out. So when I woke up this morning and I did not have to bolt for the toilet. I made a beeline for my spearfishing kit and speed up the coast to a spot up north.

I grabbed my 1.3 reelgun, I had heard the current was screaming and wanted to be able to hook in instead of swimming against the current.
I had not used the gun since last summer and just assumed that it was all good.

Anyway the long and short of it was that I tagged 4 cuta, all good shots .. I just don't think the spear went through one of them! One was a really good size fish that I shot at a fairly close distance.

So you can well imagine the frustration, after the fourth fish, I swam in .... no point in tagging fish!
The only up side was that I did not have to carry 40kg of fish 2km back along the beach.

Tomorrow unfortunately has a busting North east from early bells and I don't think there is ant chance of a dive.

So remember ....'Pap Speargun Rubber = Empty Fish Blik"

Coatesman

No comments: